Adecco is currently assisting a local client in their search for
an experienced Purchasing Assistant in Hawthorne, CA. This position
is a project based contract role with the possibility of temp to
hire. The Purchasing Assistant will be responsible for aspects of
research, purchasing, and inventory management within Procurement.
If you meet the qualifications listed below, please Apply Now!
Responsibilities for Purchasing Assistant include but are not
limited to the following:
- Purchases stock inventory, manages stock inventory levels to meet
contractual fill rates, cost and space utilization, and expedites
stock material orders as required.
- Review usage trends to adjust inventory levels to meet
contractual fill rates, inventory cost and space utilization.
- Negotiates pricing and terms as well as purchase materials from
suppliers or distributors at the lowest cost consistent with
customer parameters regarding quality, reliability, quantity, and
urgency of need.
- Work with internal and external customers to manage inventory to
meet or exceed customer expectations, identifies and document cost
- Develop and maintain necessary reports and files for efficient
- Improve Stock Out levels by driving an increase in inventory
accuracy and working with customer personnel to manage min/max
Purchasing Assistant candidates must meet the following
requirements for consideration:
- Associate?s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or
- REQUIRED Minimum 2-3 years experience working within purchasing
and/or stockroom management for Industrial, Electrical, Aerospace
(Experience within customer service a plus)
- Extremely computer proficient - must have VERY STRONG Microsoft
Excel abilities, able to do creative internet research and
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Effective communication skills with the ability to handle high
volume customer interfacing in person, via phone and email
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume.
Pay for this position is $17-20/hr DOE. This is a project based
opportunity with the possibility of temp to hire.
Adecco provides one of the most comprehensive benefits package in
the industry to contract workers. If you or someone you know would
be a great fit for this role or would like to see other Adecco
opportunities, please also visit www.AdeccoUSA.com today!