Dual Night Auditor
Company: Lodging Dynamics
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Responsible for the auditing of all charges and postings,
correcting work as required. The Night Auditor reconciles daily
activity and closes all accounts in preparation for the new day.
All information will be processed and formatted into daily reports
and distributed as the Morning Reports. Check-in/check-out hotel
guests courteously and efficiently: process all payments according
to hotel requirements. Provide information and assistance to guests
REPORTS TO: Front Desk Supervisor or Front Office Manager
Front Desk area and Back Office area, Guest Rooms, and Public
Job involves working:
Under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or
Under variable noise levels.
Around fumes and/or odor hazards.
Around dust and/or mite hazards.
Internal: Accounting, Front Desk staff, Housekeeping, Restaurants,
Engineering, Security, Sales & Catering, and Executive Offices.
External: Hotel guests/visitors, Tour company representatives,
hotel clients & accounts, limousine service personnel, other
hotels, and vendors/suppliers.
1. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training
2. Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
3. Previous experience in a similar position in a similar style
4. Provide legible communication and directions.
5. Compute basic arithmetic.
6. Ability to:
Willing to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed,
Ability to prioritize and organize tasks.
Ability to think clearly, can remain calm, and solve problems using
Ability to follow specific directions thoroughly.
Desire to understand guests' service needs.
Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and
pertinent hotel data.
1. College degree.
2. Previous Front Desk experience.
3. Experience with computers, calculators or word processors.
4. Ability to input and access information in the property
management system/point of sale system/computers.
5. Certification of previous training in computers.
6. Previous guest relations training.
7. Certification in CPR.
1. Exert physical effort in transporting up to 50 lbs.
2. Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
3. Reach 5 feet.
4. Remain in stationary position for up to 8 hours throughout work
5. Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and
co-workers to their understanding.
1. Able to operated hotel shuttle van based on state laws, local
jurisdictions, and hotel insurance policies.
2. Able to sell or serve alcoholic beverages based on state laws,
local jurisdictions, and hotel insurance policies.
3. Remain in a stationary position for up to 10 hours throughout
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental
2. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of
equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
3. Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all
guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
4. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
5. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
6. Maintain complete knowledge of :
a) All hotel features/services, hours of operation.
b) All room types, numbers, layout, décor, appointments, and
c) All room rates, special packages, and promotions.
d) Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
e) Room availability status for any given day.
f) Scheduled daily group activities.
7. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization
of assigned work areas.
8. Pick up, count and maintain bank. Secure bank at all times.
9. Read the log book daily and record all pertinent information in
the log book.
10. Process currency exchange and payments to guest accounts.
11. Process adjustments, rebates, paid outs, and credits as
12. Operate Property Management System (PMS) and maintain security
13. Verifies and makes corrections to the Room Rate Report.
14. Reconcile telephone calls and miscellaneous accounts.
15. Backup computer system files.
16. Verifies that all checks are closed, and closes and logs any
open check in the Point of Sale (POS) system.
17. Prints Food & Beverage end of day reports.
18. Audit Food & Beverage cashier's work and correct
19. Audit Rooms Cashier's work and correct discrepancies.
20. Audit all miscellaneous charges.
21. Verifies package postings on house accounts.
22. Input all sales figures into the Property Management System
(PMS) and balance all accounts.
23. Run Room & Tax verifying that all room rates posted.
24. Verify Cashier's Report to drop log and paperwork.
25. Record room statistics.
26. Close POS after all work is balanced.
27. Run end of day program and close day.
28. Check that interfaces are up and running.
29. Run daily Flash Reports and distribute accordingly.
30. Run morning reports and backup reports and distribute
31. Print express check out folios and distribute.
32. Sign out and brief relief.
33. Review Night Audit checklist and verify that all work has been
34. Restock all printers.
35. Fill out and deposit payment and corresponding checks.
36. Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with
37. Manually calculate and post adjustments to guest loyalty
programs in PMS.
38. Coordinate safety of the building with security personnel and
ensure proper after hours safety protocols.
39. Meet with departing Front Desk Agent to review business status
and follow up items.
40. Access all functions of computer system.
41. Set up work station with necessary supplies.
42. Answer department telephone within 3 rings, using correct
greeting and telephone etiquette.
43. Promote positive guest relations to all individuals approaching
the Front Desk.
44. Process all guest check-ins.
45. Confirm reservation in system and review all noted
46. For guests without a reservation, sell a room type agreed
47. Register guests in the computer.
48. Verify registration & loyalty program information with the
49. If applicable acknowledge loyalty program status.
50. Obtain back-up information for guest credit/payment method and
input into system; collect cash when designated.
51. Assign guest room.
52. Advise guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. received for
53. Inform guest of room safe and room key procedures.
54. Issue parking passes/validate valet parking tickets.
55. Communicate services and amenities of the hotel to guests.
56. Obtain proper identification for tax exempt guests and attach
form to registration card or submit to accounting.
57. Maintain guest history files on all guests.
58. Communicate VIP arrivals to designated personnel for escort and
delivery of amenities.
59. Set up accurate accounts for each guest checking in according
to their requirements (i.e. sharewiths, separate
60. Assist guests with reports of lost/stolen articles, following
61. File registration cards and vouchers in bucket by room
62. Handle overbooked or "walked" guests.
63. Accommodate room changes.
64. Document all guest requests, complaints or problems.
65. Take, record, and relay messages accurately, completely and
66. Offer detailed information on the voice mail system to callers
and guests wishing to leave message.
67. Accept and record wake-up call requests; deliver to PBX or
instruct guest on setting their own from the room.
68. Issue safe deposit boxes to guests and ensure security of
69. Distribute all guest and department mail.
70. Monitor, send, and distribute guest faxes.
71. Document and confirm reservations and cancellations.
72. Block rooms in computer and follow through on designated
73. Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets.
74. Communicate pertinent guest information to designated
departments/personnel (i.e. special requests, amenity
75. Generate, print and distribute daily and weekly reports.
76. Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with
77. Match the bucket check to in-house guest ledger report; report
discrepancies to Manager.
78. Process all check-outs.
79. Resolve any late charges.
80. Present folio to guest and resolve any disputed charges.
81. Settle guest accounts.
82. Retrieve guest room key from guest.
83. Solicit guest comments on their stay.
84. Process express check-outs.
85. Handle requests for late check-outs.
86. Conduct group check-ins/outs.
87. Assist all departments/executives in obtaining appropriate
information regarding groups, inventory and guest information.
88. File guest room keys and ensure the safe keeping of keys at the
89. Adhere to all cashiering procedures.
90. Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers,
91. Make change for guests.
92. Post charges.
93. Run closing reports.
94. Count and secure bank.
95. Complete designated cashier reports.
96. Balance receipts.
97. Drop receipts.
98. Document pertinent information in the log book.
99. Complete shift checklists and other reasonable tasks required
by the Front Desk Supervisor/Front Office Manager.
100. Greet all guests using the 15/5 rule.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the
incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each
duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who
pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety
of themselves, other employees, or guests.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of
the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental
job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this
position. Employees will be required to perform any other
job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or
otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Lodging Dynamics, Hawthorne , Dual Night Auditor, Other , Hawthorne, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!