Medical Assistant II
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Providence is calling a Medical Assistant II (Full time/Day
shift) to Providence Medical Institute in Hawthorne, CA.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire screening
and interview system.
We are seeking a Medical Assistant II who will perform duties as
directed to assist in providing patient care to assigned patients.
A MA II performs all aspects of the MA I role and is fully
competent in the clinical needs/functions for assigned
clinic/location of work. An MA II is expected to perform in
accordance with established policies, procedures, and
In this position you will have the following
- Perform all duties and passed competency testing/evaluation as
required for a Medical Assistant I.
- Ability to perform all front and back office skills as
appropriate to role and certification. (ex: vital signs, set
up/assist with minor procedures, EKG, blood pressure, point of care
testing, patient authorizations, scheduling, etc.)
- Perform increasingly advanced procedures with validated
- Provide accurate, complete, legible and timely documentation of
all procedures performed in the patient's medical record.
- Follow correct procedures for handling and disposing of
biohazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
- According to organizational standards, prepare, clean and
sterilize, and/or reprocess, instruments (autoclaving) and maintain
equipment with validated competencies.
- Anticipate and proactively plan for practitioner and patient
- Demonstrate a commitment to education and sharing of knowledge.
Assists in orientation of new team members and serves as a role
model of best practices to others.
- Provide open and timely communication and information to
patients, families, and practitioners (as appropriate).
- Consistently meet skill based competency expectations
established for the organization.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization and
serve as an ambassador for the organization when interfacing with
anyone outside the organization.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Existing caregivers in the MA role as of 7/1/2021, will have 12
months to obtain their California state or National MA
certification as listed above.
- Current BLS - Must be AHA accredited
- Six (6) Months Healthcare experience
- Six (6) Months Medical Assistant experience
- Flexibility to meet the changing needs of the patients and the
- Ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances,
instill trust in others while upholding the values of the
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and
verbally, as well as to interact in a professional manner with
colleagues, patients, families, and visitors.
- Demonstrated PC skills (ex: MS Office and EHR use)
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Demonstrates awareness of current state, federal, and local
laws relating to position and patient care.
- Complies with all applicable infection control and safety
- Increasingly expanded knowledge of principles and practices
governing MA role and the ability to apply them effectively.
- Performs delegated work with minimal oversight.
- Must possess expanded knowledge of vaccinations, medications,
their use, to include brand and generic names related to the
- Ability to analyze, problem solve, and prioritize multiple
tasks under pressure.
- Demonstrates a high degree of accountability with increasing
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Active CA State MA certification or active national
certification/registration by AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP
as a Medical Assistant.
- Graduate of accredited school for medical assistants or an
equivalent combination of coursework, experience/training to
qualify to sit for the CA State or National Certification
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Health & Services Southern California is further
developing its physician integration strategy. Historically, the
largest asset has been Providence Medical Institute, a medical
foundation that provides administrative and other support services
to affiliated medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is
expected to grow significantly in the next several years, bringing
with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Hawthorne , Medical Assistant II, Other , Hawthorne, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!