Posted on: May 3, 2021
As a Color, Material, and Finish Designer at Teslas Design Studio
you will be responsible for the concept, development and design of
color, material, and finish for future Tesla vehicles, accessories,
and energy products.You will be a part of a team that creates and
execute world-class products in terms of form, function, and
You will be involved in every aspect of the CMF design process.
This includes trend research, analysis and translation, mood and
story creation, material innovation, development of CMF strategy,
and execution of final color, materials, and finishes for
Success as a CMF Designer at Tesla requires a demonstrated ability
to create compelling and innovative solutions that push boundaries,
while collaborating with global suppliers and cross-functional
teams to ensure successful implementation into production. You hold
superior standards for quality and attention to detail, have a keen
eye for sophisticated design, build strong relationships with other
team members, and are comfortable operating in a fast-paced and
dynamic work environment.
- Ideate, visualize, and develop design proposals for colors,
materials, and finishes for Tesla designs.
- Develop digital and physical CMF presentations that show a
future vision for Tesla designs.
- Collaborate and strategize with cross functional teams,
including design and manufacturing, to implement production of
final CMF designs.
- Analyze and approve color, materials, and finishes for all
vehicle exterior and interior surfaces.
- Guide design execution of colors, materials, and finishes for
both prototype and production vehicles.
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers and
vendors. Includes identifying new resources for materials to ensure
- Independently source and maintain a comprehensive internal
library of inspirational, advanced, and relevant materials and
- Manage design intent through color tuning and material
mastering all commodities.
- Bachelors Degreein Industrial Design, Textile Design, Color and
Material Design, or the equivalent in professional experience with
evidence of exceptional ability.
- 0-4 years of CMF experience, preferably within the automotive
- Must have demonstrable technical knowledge of mass production,
manufacturing processes, and materials.
- Demonstrate high color acuity and ability to pass the Munsell
Hue Color Test with a perfect score.
- Excellent at creating and maintaining cross-functional working
- Exceptional visual, communication, and presentation
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable, flexible, and able to manage
multiple parallel-path projects.
- Demonstrate an ability to deliver successful designs under
tight timing constraints and provide examples.
- All candidates must submit a portfolio/personal website to be
Keywords: Tesla, Hawthorne , CMF Designer, Other , Hawthorne, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!