Product Manager - Technical
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Ring is seeking a Product Manager - Tech to join our hardware
team. As a senior product leader, you will work on innovative
products for our customers.
You're an experienced product leader with a solid technical
background and deep technical expertise in the consumer electronics
industry. You're a hands-on problem-solver and a natural
collaborator, comfortable working cross-functionally with
engineers, designers, finance, marketing, and executive leadership.
You have proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing
skills, and broad business experience. Additionally, you must be
capable of sorting through many competing priorities, executing
with precision, and succeeding in a complex and fast-paced
A day in the life
- Drive product requirements and roadmap planning.
- Communicate with development partners, senior management, and
executive stakeholders to solicit buy-in on new product
- Reconcile ambiguous product requirements against design
feasibility to reconcile requirements.
- Readily dive into technical details with engineering teams to
understand design challenges.
- Collaborate across engineering teams to reconcile product
performance and feature priorities.
- Look around corners to identify potential challenges and play
an active role in developing mitigation plans.
About the hiring group
Our growing team is curious, ambitious, and hardworking and
we're excited about opportunities to deliver delightful,
innovative, and valuable solutions to customers. Our team is
hyper-focused on delivering value, driving daily development
progress, making timely data-driven decisions, challenging the
status quo, and meeting our commitments.
- Define the business strategy and vision for products.
- Drive hardware product development from conceptualization
through launch with cross-functional teams, creating and managing
actionable plans, work streams, tactics, and measurable success
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements that can be used
to create product specifications.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs with customer experience,
performance, profitability, and operational support load by
collaborating with technology teams, UX teams, and other
- Solve ambiguous problems as well as proactively identify and
mitigate risks before they become roadblocks.
- Partner with UX and Research teams to define good outcomes for
qualitative testing, ensuring we are building the right experience
for a range of customers.
- Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out improved
mechanisms for visibility, ensuring your program stays aligned with
- Garner buy-in of products and the larger vision with both
internal and external stakeholders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management,
product marketing, business development, or technology.
- 5+ years of experience with end to end product delivery.
- 5+ years of experience overseeing roadmap strategy and
- 5+ years of experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a
product. MBA and/or advanced technical degree.
- Demonstrated history of successfully managing product
development and bringing hardware products to market.
- Demonstrated ability to use quantitative and qualitative data
to deliver business insights, back-up hypotheses, uncover customer
pain points, and make decisions.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiation,
and conflict resolution skills with an ability to motivate teams
and deliver results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make
neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which
was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems
by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as
the Neighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and
neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and
neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone --
while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon
company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring,
you're always home.
Keywords: Ring, Hawthorne , Product Manager - Technical, Other , Hawthorne, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!