Technical Program Manager
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Ring is seeking a Technical Program Manager to support the
development of the Always Home Cam. In this role, you will have the
opportunity to define and lead cross-disciplinary development
workflows on smart home products.
The ideal candidate will be technical, creative, a strong
communicator, able to orchestrate multisite development, and
skilled in driving decisions with teams and stakeholders. You must
be competent in program management tools, methodologies, and
techniques across all phases of the project lifecycle.
Additionally, you must have proficiency in core program management
disciplines, including: scope management, scheduling, budgeting,
resource management, quality and risk management, reporting, and
A day in the life
- Work directly with development teams and stakeholders to
reconcile challenging product design issues and trade-offs.
- Be a catalyst for action, accountability, and delivery for
- Look around corners to anticipate obstacles to help teams
reconcile mitigation plans and course corrections.
- Bring a roll-up-your-selves attitude and dive into new
technical and process solutions.
- Most importantly, bring a strong curiosity to learn new
technologies, a willingness to expand your skillset, and a
pioneering spirit to tackle new challenges as part of a
About the hiring group
Our growing team is curious, ambitious, and hardworking with the
opportunity to deliver delightful, innovative, and valuable
solutions to customers. Our global team is hyper-focused on
delivering value, driving daily development progress, making timely
data-driven decisions, challenging the status quo, and meeting our
- Work with engineering and product management to translate
business requirements into technical/functional
- Build project plans, balancing business needs with project
risks and resource availability.
- Drive engineering project execution, make technical trade-offs,
track and report on status, and resolve potential blocking
- Coordinate cross-team efforts spanning our varied and diverse
teams and stakeholders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams,
building sustainable processes and coordinating release
- 2+ years of technical program management experience
- 5+ years of experience with end-to-end product delivery.
- Experience managing the development of robotics products.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiation,
and conflict resolution skills with an ability to motivate teams
and deliver results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make
neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which
was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems
by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as
the Neighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and
neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and
neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone --
while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon
company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring,
you're always home.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Hawthorne , Technical Program Manager, Other , Hawthorne, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!