Sr. IT Linux Systems Engineer, Elastic Stack
Company: Space Exploration Technologies
Posted on: June 8, 2021
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity
is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one
where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the
technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of
enabling human life on Mars.
SR. IT LINUX SYSTEMS ENGINEER, ELASTIC STACK
SpaceX is looking for an experienced engineer with deep
knowledge and broad experience across Linux-based technologies.
This employee will be a part of the IT Linux Infrastructure team
and will support internal software, automation and operations,
amongst other business users with a specific focus on the Elastic
Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash/Beats, Kibana) and related
technologies (Kafka, Fluentd, etc.) The ideal candidate will be
flexible and flourish in a fast-paced and challenging environment,
as well as assist in other areas such as enterprise monitoring,
metric collections and general Linux administration.
- Work closely with other SpaceX engineers to gather
requirements, research, evaluate, design, plan, deploy and support
Linux-based/open source software platforms and related technologies
in a world-class environment.
- Build highly-resilient, high-performance, scalable and flexible
- Architect, design, configure, deploy, maintain, support and
troubleshoot the Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash/Beats, and
Kibana) and related technologies (Kafka, Fluentd, etc.) used for
logging, searching, troubleshooting and incident response at
- Exercise a high degree of responsibility for the processes,
systems and tools created and managed; all supporting the goal of
making humanity an interplanetary species.
- Architect, design, build/update, deploy and support custom
tools, scripts and integrations that provide systemic automation to
tasks that need to be performed on top of log infrastructure.
- Maintain and administer applications built on top of Linux
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math,
physics, information systems, or similar technical discipline with
5+ years of systems engineering experience; OR 8+ years of systems
engineering experience without a degree.
- 5+ years of Linux systems administration and
- Experience administering, building, and/or deploying Elastic
Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash/Beats, and Kibana).
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Docker experience.
- Expertise in scripting and automation (Bash, Python, etc.)
- Proficient in Lucene, KQL and EQL search syntax.
- Expertise in installing and administering Kafka.
- Strong understanding of monitoring and metric technologies
(such as Sensu, Nagios, Icinga, InfluxDB, Graphite, Collectd,
- Strong understanding of Puppet, Ansible or other configuration
- Understanding of databases, data modeling and data
- Linux, compute, storage, and Java JVM performance monitoring
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated technical project management skills.
- Track record of getting things done quickly and with
- Strong understanding of best practices within information
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export
regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent
resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.
1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from
the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX
is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications
and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion,
gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability
status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
mental or physical disability or any other legally protected
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action
Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants
requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview
process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310)
Keywords: Space Exploration Technologies, Hawthorne , Sr. IT Linux Systems Engineer, Elastic Stack, Other , Hawthorne, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!