Integration Technician (Falcon 9)
Company: Space Exploration Technologies
Posted on: June 9, 2021
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity
is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one
where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the
technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of
enabling human life on Mars.
INTEGRATION TECHNICIAN (FALCON 9)
The integration technician is responsible for the integration of
the thrust structure comprising the engines, to the fuel stage. The
task requires both avionics and mechanical integration skills along
with pneumatic and avionics checkout activity. In short, it's the
final integration of the first stage of the Falcon 9 rocket, which
was designed from the outset to deliver humans into space.
- Stage, set up, assemble, test and install flight hardware.
- Use precision calibrated tools - torque wrenches, micrometers
- Hands on operations with both large and small fragile
- Read and interpret blue prints.
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications, and test
- Use various mechanical tools without instruction.
- Collaborate with production engineers to develop and document
- Ensure all production services are performed on time, safely
and in a professional manner.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of
ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- Perform hydro and pneumatic testing.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 2+ years of propulsion, avionics or automotive hardware
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in the aerospace industry, aviation, military or
other high-reliability operating environment preferred.
- Experience with forklifts, cranes and heavy equipment is a
- Knowledge of pressure, temperature and flow measurement
devices, mechanical and electrical systems, and propulsion
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery and various hand
and power tools requiring manual dexterity.
- A demonstrated ability in reading/understanding technical
drawings, manuals and reports.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working
in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends
- Nominal hours - 1st shift: 5 AM - 1:30 PM, 2nd shift: 3:30 PM -
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs unassisted.
- Must be willing to travel up to 5%.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces.
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export
regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent
resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.
1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from
the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX
is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications
and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion,
gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability
status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
mental or physical disability or any other legally protected
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action
Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants
requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview
process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310)
Keywords: Space Exploration Technologies, Hawthorne , Integration Technician (Falcon 9), Other , Hawthorne, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!