Production Coordinator (Composites)
Company: Space Exploration Technologies
Posted on: June 9, 2021
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity
is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one
where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the
technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of
enabling human life on Mars.
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (COMPOSITES)
The Production Coordinator is a critical position within our
composites team. This role is responsible for serving as a liaison
between different organizations through the company to ensure that
components and assembles flow smoothly through the production area
to meet stringent deadlines and quality standards. You will be
working on a team that will ultimately extend humanity's reach
beyond the earth and the moon!
- Monitor, track, and move parts as required through the company
to ensure timely delivery to next production location.
- Push/pull physical movement of parts through receiving
inspection, stock rooms, purchasing, production resources or any
applicable work center within SpaceX.
- Promote workflow consistency and accuracy across the company
while working to drive down internal logistics lead-time.
- Ensure parts are handled and protected properly and within
- Coordinate off-site processing of parts to ensure on-time
- Work with the planning, procurement, engineering, and
production teams to ensure our MRP/ERP data is and remains clean
- Assist with resolution of incorrect system data which is
driving inappropriate demand, schedules, or could result in general
- Update and utilize metrics to drive results as applicable with
- Work with production supervisors and managers to ensure all
metrics-driven action requirements are completed.
- Develop and maintain reports to highlight needs, deliverables
and constraints as required for internal and customer use.
- Assist production leadership and project teams with action item
- Support logistics process through innovative staging of
- Support management of material certifications as required -
prevent use of un-certified materials.
- Support production and inventory personnel with "return to
stock" and inventory purge actions.
- Support purchase requisition creation for scheduled contract
- Organize and maintain the physical and electronic library for
production related tooling and calibration database.
- Support projects or productivity development activities within
assigned production cells.
- Support assigned production cells with work order management
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 1+ years of experience in an administrative role.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong computer skills, familiar with the full suite of MS
- Experience organizing files and documents.
- Experience with and knowledge of MRP/ERP systems.
- Experience in aerospace, automotive, semiconductor, or
electronic manufacturing environments.
- APICS certification.
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as
- Nominal hours - 1st shift: 5 AM - 1:30 PM
- Able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Able to stand for extended periods - 8 hours min.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export
regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent
resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.
1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from
the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX
is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications
and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion,
gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability
status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
mental or physical disability or any other legally protected
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action
Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants
requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview
process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310)
Keywords: Space Exploration Technologies, Hawthorne , Production Coordinator (Composites), Other , Hawthorne, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!