Are you our next Membership Consultant?
Do you have a passion and desire to help others live an active
lifestyle? Do you genuinely care about connecting with others and
being part of a team? If so, Town Sports International is looking
for Membership Consultants to join our growing team. The Membership
Consultant is responsible for reaching and exceeding membership
sales goals. In the bigger picture, the Membership Consultant forms
long term relationships with our members, driving retention,
customer service and, of course, referrals!
Who are we?
Town Sports International is the largest gym chain in the
Northeast region with more than 180 locations spanning numerous
markets including locations in California, Florida and Puerto Rico.
We operate under our local brands of New York Sports Clubs, Boston
Sports Clubs, Washington Sports Clubs, Philadelphia Sports Clubs,
Palm Beach Sports Clubs, Around the Clock Fitness, Lucille Roberts,
Total Woman Gym + Spa, and LIV Fitness.
What do we do?
We are in the business of fitness results, positive change and
personal connections. We achieve this through innovative
programming, the latest equipment and a knowledgeable staff. More
than this, we work with our members to provide a personalized
roadmap to achieve specific fitness goals.
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Are motivated and have a strong work ethic to build the
business the right way.
- Are never satisfied with the status quo and embrace stretch
- Possess solid sales and closing skills.
- Have a strong desire to be part of a team.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and are accustomed to
pressure in meeting quotas or targets.
- Have an affinity for building relationships.
- Are responsive, organized, and have strong listening
More about this role:
The Membership Consultant's primary responsibility is to sell
memberships and build their business to achieve personal and club
sales and net member gain goals. Additional responsibilities
include servicing the member after enrollment with the objective to
improve the member experience. This would include setting a Fitness
Orientations to ensure fitness engagement and checking in with them
regularly to ensure they are accomplishing their fitness goals. The
Membership Consultant will consistently participate in business
building activities such as call drives, outreach and in-club
referral producing activities. The Membership Consultant role
achieves success through embodying our core competencies (Create a
TSI Environment, Build a High Performing Team, Achieve Measurable
Create the TSI Environment
Our profession empowers members and team members to achieve
active lifestyles. Fitness has relevance through all aspects of
life. We build positive relationships and sustain the
organization's culture by interacting with the highest level of
integrity and communicating in a manner that reflects our
- Modeling and promoting our guiding principles through the
- Reviewing and adhering to all TSI documents including but not
limited to policies and procedures, employee handbook, state
supplement, codes of conduct, etc.
- Bringing a positive attitude that will cultivate a productive
and professional environment.
- Partnering with all departments to ensure high levels of
customer service and a consistently clean club.
- Be punctual and arrive ready to work for your scheduled
- Be proactive with an energetic work pace.
Build a High Performing Team
Inspires, motivates and develops a team to reach their fullest
potential, contributing to the ultimate success of the
organization. We constantly improve ourselves, our processes and
our procedures to provide a meaningful experience in the gym. We
are connected to our members, clients and each other.
- Being responsive to member feedback and complaints by notifying
club management team and working towards timely resolution.
- Constantly seeking new ways to build skills and
- Determining prospect's goals and motivation through a thorough
- Being knowledgeable of all products and programs and building
value in TSI's services.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Achieve Measurable Results
Successfully and consistently exceeds goals that drive the
member, employee and business categories of the organization;
actions reflect a dedication to surpassing the expectations of both
members and employees.
- Actively engage in MC Production Meeting and Team Meeting on a
- Complete Daily Action Plan at the beginning of each shift.
- Minimum 125 outgoing calls (dials) per day.
- Generate a minimum of 15 new contacts, 4 appointments and 2
sales per day.
- Actively use current CRM to ensure effective lead
- Maintain a 60% Fitness Orientation booking rate at POS.
Required Skills and Experience
- Prior sales experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to handle rejection without allowing you it to affect
your next opportunity.
- Ability to proficiently use our POS, membership, CRM systems,
timekeeping any other computer programs required to meet the
business needs of the customer and TSI.
- Positive engaging personality and rapport builder.
- Passion for fitness.
- Team player with a competitive nature.
- Strong work ethic.
- Physical demands include ability to lift up to 20 pounds with
or without reasonable accommodations, walk through all areas of the
club, climbing stairs (where applicable), and bending and lifting
(e.g. picking up towels, restacking weights, moving equipment as
needed). The company reserves the right to change them as business
needs require and that jobs may require other tasks as assigned to
the employee by the company.
This position does not have a set schedule month-to-month and is
subject to changes based on the needs of the business. Team Members
are required to work 3 out of the last 4 days of the month, with
the last day of the month being mandatory. TSI does not authorize
vacation time in the months of January or September.