Systems Development Engineer
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Ring is seeking a Junior Systems Engineer.
- Write scripts to automate processes related to data collection,
processing, and analysis.
- Build, maintain, and continuously improve an infrastructure for
a multi-site development team.
- Influence and drive operational excellence best practices
within the organization.
- Influence the team's technical and business strategy by making
insightful contributions to the team's priorities and
- Significantly contribute to team planning.
- Actively mentor junior engineers, improving their skills,
knowledge of our systems, and ability to get things done.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- 3+ years of experience with data querying and analysis using
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as
C, C++, Java, or Python.
- Experience with multiple query engines and databases such as
Presto and PostgreSQL.
- Familiar with Machine Learning techniques for anomaly
- Experience with Linux development environments and embedded
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and
industry best practices for the full software development life
cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control
management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience supporting a multi-site development
- Experience evaluating and integrating open source and in-house
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams,
and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives, and
develop processes and tools as needed to support the
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make
neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which
was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems
by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as
the Neighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and
neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and
neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone --
while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon
company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring,
you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Hawthorne , Systems Development Engineer, Other , Hawthorne, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!