Personal Trainer in Training (PTiT)
Company: Town Sports International Holdings Inc
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Personal Trainer in Training (PTiT) focuses on providing a
positive fitness experience relevant to our member's specific goals
through scientifically based, personally tailored fitness programs.
Our PT Academy program will provide PTiT's with a 6-week immersive
training experience. The PT Academy will consist of 3 weeks/40hr of
classroom and practical training and an additional 3 weeks
(part-time) of support in building their business as they
transition to their home club. As PTiT's enter their new home
location, they will be transitioned to our revenue split model as
they build their business and reputation within our community. The
PT Academy is conducted at our New York Sports Clubs Dobbs Ferry
location. This position will report to our Fitness Education
Director during the PT Academy and will then be supported by the
club General Manager/Fitness Leader as they transition to their
As PTiT's transition out of the PT Academy, they will create
value in our fitness programs and member experience through
one-on-one personal training, small group training and member
engagement activities including, but not limited to, fitness floor
member engagement, relevant fitness special events, external
fitness education and outreach. The PTiT drives retention through
motivation, accountability, consistency, and knowledge-based
fitness programs where growth and results are a main focus. This
applies to both the member experience and their personal training
- PTiT's will be required to attend the PT Academy for 3
consecutive weeks and successfully complete the program prior to
transitioning into their home location.
- Engaging with members, clients, and peers through internal and
external prospecting activities.
- PTiT's will build relationships at the club by meeting new and
existing member by working the Welcome Desk, hosting fitness
demonstrations, actively conducting new member call drives,
speaking to our GEX members at the beginning/end of classes, and
other activities as required.
- Maintaining PT certifications and necessary continuing
- Creating smart goal action plans to meet individual goals for
revenue, sales and retention.
- Quickly addressing any member issues, questions or concerns
regarding their fitness programs, including cancel requests,
suspensions and transfers and escalate issues to management
- Completing all administrative tasks including, but not limited
to, scheduling PT sessions two weeks in advance, rescheduling all
canceled appointments and following session authorization
- Partnering with sales team to meet new members and prospects,
to review Needs Analysis and to present fitness services at
- Hitting and exceeding all revenue, session and sales targets
reflecting a consistent month over month growth; meet and maintain
monthly and quarterly production minimums for specified PT
professional job role.
- Delivering safe and effective fitness programs followed with
documented mid-program fitness assessments.
- Working with individual clients around their specific needs and
maintaining tailored client fitness programs to gain the best
RESQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- H.S, Diploma or GED equivalent, basic computer literacy.
- Bachelor's degree in Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology,
Recreation or P.E. related field preferred.
- Previous personal training experience preferred in corporate
- Maintain active TSI approved Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)
and Child & Adult CPR/AED certification.
- Physical demands include ability to lift up to 45 pounds with
or without reasonable accommodations, walk through all areas of
clubs, climbing stairs (where applicable), repetitive squatting,
bending and lifting, restacking of weights, moving of equipment as
necessary and ability to demonstrate other exercise movements as
part of a personal fitness workout. The company reserves the right
to change them as business needs require and that jobs may require
other tasks as assigned to the employee by the company.
- Good technical (fitness programming) skills and time management
Keywords: Town Sports International Holdings Inc, Hawthorne , Personal Trainer in Training (PTiT), Other , Hawthorne, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!