Composites Integration Technician
Company: Space Exploration Technologies
Posted on: June 12, 2021
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity
is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one
where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the
technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of
enabling human life on Mars.
COMPOSITES INTEGRATION TECHNICIAN
The composites production team is looking for talented
individuals to join the team! As an integration technician, you
will be responsible for delivering an assembled composite
structure. The task requires both avionics and mechanical
integration skills, working with electronic, pneumatic and
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 2+ years of experience with at least one of the following
- Structures assembly.
- Propulsion hardware assembly/test/installation.
- Avionics hardware assembly/test/installation.
- Automotive repair/maintenance.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in the aerospace industry, aviation, military or
other high-reliability operating environment.
- FAA Airframe and PowerPlant license.
- Experience in fast-paced production environment with flight
- Knowledge of pressure, temperature and flow measurement
devices, mechanical and electrical systems, and propulsion
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery and various hand
and power tools requiring manual dexterity.
- A demonstrated ability in reading/understanding technical
drawings, manuals and reports.
- NASA-STD-8739.3 certification (currently or previously
- NASA-STD-8739.4 certification (currently or previously
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments.
- Experience working in a cleanroom environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working
in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with
engineering and production.
- Proficient with computers and the ability to use MS
- Experience with forklifts, cranes and heavy equipment.
- Able to lift at least 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Able to climb ladders and be comfortable working in tight
- Willing to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as
- Able to work all shift hours, overtime and weekends as needed;
approximate hours are 1st shift: 5 AM - 3:30 PM, 2nd shift: 3:30 PM
- 2:00 AM.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export
regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent
resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.
1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from
the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX
is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications
and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion,
gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability
status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
mental or physical disability or any other legally protected
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action
Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants
requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview
process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310)
Keywords: Space Exploration Technologies, Hawthorne , Composites Integration Technician, Other , Hawthorne, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!