Space Mechatronics & Controls Engineer (Satellites)
Company: Space Exploration Technologies
Posted on: June 12, 2021
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity
is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one
where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the
technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of
enabling human life on Mars.
SPACE MECHATRONICS & CONTROLS ENGINEER (SATELLITES)
SpaceX is looking to hire a space mechatronics & controls
engineer to work with a brilliant and passionate team of engineers.
You will own the design and development responsibilities over our
complex actuation systems. You will have the opportunity to work on
the architecture, simulation, and controls of electromechanical
systems for the world's most cutting-edge satellites.
- Design, simulate, test, and tune the closed-loop control
systems for in-space electromechanical systems
- Work with avionics, mechanical, and GNC engineers to ensure the
control systems considers all physics and will function correctly
- Drive design decisions across subject matter domains (i.e.
stiffness target, controller bandwidth, sensor selection)
- Develop test plans for mechanisms through development,
qualification, and acceptance testing
- Own product delivery timeline through conception, design,
assembly and launch
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- 1+ years of experience with the design of mechatronic systems
and closed-loop control systems (internship and project team
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in engineering or a related technical
- Hands-on project experience with complex mechanical systems,
preferably as a lead
- Experience with robotics, motion control, state machines,
electromechanical actuators, and sensors
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, written, and oral
- Experience solving complex problems with little
- Solid understanding and application of GD&T
- Delivering program related work on schedule as an individual or
as a member of an integrated team
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as necessary
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export
regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent
resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.
1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from
the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX
is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications
and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion,
gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability
status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
mental or physical disability or any other legally protected
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action
Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants
requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview
process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310)
Keywords: Space Exploration Technologies, Hawthorne , Space Mechatronics & Controls Engineer (Satellites), Other , Hawthorne, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!