Sr Technical Program Manager
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Ring is seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager with
security, software engineering, and technical program management
skills to join our Security Team. In this role, you will work with
cross-functional teams of technical and non-technical stakeholders
to define strategy, capture requirements, plan for dependencies,
and interpret, communicate, and drive full lifecycle security
programs. You will work with legal, product, and engineering teams
to evaluate and develop security and privacy features and
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with
technical and non-technical teams involved with information
security and privacy.
- Scope, plan, implement, and deliver security programs while
collaborating with Product Managers, business owners and senior
leadership to align with strategic vision and goals
- Own successful delivery of large, impactful, and highly
cross-functional program initiatives while simultaneously tracking
a set of smaller projects.
- Drive strategic cross-functional planning, leading discovery
and prioritization by closely working with engineering leads to
develop security feature plans, including the roadmap, dependency
identifications, and resourcing plans.
- Integrate Information Security into organizational
- Conduct application security reviews and provide SDLC guidance
to development teams.
- Ensure compliance with Information Security policy and
- Establish metrics and regular reporting mechanisms for
measuring security posture across security domains, such as
compliance and organizational maturity.
- Evaluate solution designs and complex business and technical
requirements, and communicate inherent security risks and solutions
- Support deep dive assessments and ad-hoc data analysis
- Deliver findings, recommendations, and remediation steps for
- Drive, mature, and improve organizational security, risk
identification, and remediation processes and risk tracking
- Identify trends and insights.
- Innovate to find better ways of engaging customers and solving
- Communicate plans, status, and critical issues clearly and
effectively. 7+ years of experience working directly with
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams,
building sustainable processes and coordinating release
- 5+ years of technical program management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, or equivalent work
experience. 10+ years of experience working in the software
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical
- Senior-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and
non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units.
- Excellent leadership, teamwork, and collaboration skills.
- Experience generating automated metrics to measure IT security
effectiveness and consistency.
- Experience with service-oriented architectures and web services
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated.
- Experience analyzing large data sets.
- Experience driving large scale enterprise projects as a
Technical Program Manager.
- Experience working in industry standards groups.
- Experience with cloud technologies
- Skilled in risk management, business risk analysis, and making
complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions.
- Solid foundation in software design and engineering
- Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results
with minimal direction.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers,
product managers, and senior business leaders.
- High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated experience with project and stakeholder
- Technical knowledge in multiple security domain areas such as
engineering, applications, system and network security, identity,
and authentication security protocols.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make
neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which
was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems
by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as
the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and
neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and
neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone --
while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon
company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring,
you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Keywords: Ring, Hawthorne , Sr Technical Program Manager, Other , Hawthorne, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!