Aerodynamics Software Tools Engineer, New Programs
Company: Tesla Motors
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The New Programs Engineering team is looking for an exceptional
CFD Aerodynamicist who is motivated to change the way people think
about their vehicles. Unrivaled range, ludicrous performance,
top-of-the-line comfort and long-term reliability depend on
delivering exterior designs that are as aesthetically appealing as
they are aerodynamically efficient. Day-to-day activities include
developing new CFD tools and methodologies, running simulations,
developing automation processes as well as running a wide range of
correlation projects. In many ways, the New Programs Engineering
team operates much like a start-up, functioning as a small team
able to move incredibly quickly on a wide variety of design
challenges. If you can think of a way of making the vehicles
better, or have an idea to improve the development process, you are
empowered to champion and develop that idea and see it
- CFD tools and methodology development - responsible for the
continual development of Tesla's external aerodynamic CFD
methodologies and complete workflow processes. This will include
improving the accuracy, speed and robustness of simulations, as
well as creating and developing methods to improve the analysis of
- Develop, set up and validate new simulation workflows for a
variety of aerodynamic related problems, including aero-acoustics,
water management, soiling and brake cooling.
- Work with a wide cross functional team to develop and conduct
experimental tests to provide data to correlate CFD
- Help in developing creative solutions to resolve aerodynamic,
engineering, and styling conflicts.
- Excellent knowledge of CFD, including RANS, LES, VOF, DEM,
- Experience in Java, Python, Matlab, Bash, and HPC Systems.
- Experience in the analysis and post processing of large
transient data sets.
- Excellent understanding of fluid dynamics, including boundary
layer theory, attached and separated flows, vortex behaviors and
other flow phenomena.
- MS in Aerodynamics, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering or related field.
- Familiarity with geometry creation, simplification and data
management within CAD software, preferably CATIA.
- Experience with database management.
- Passion for sustainable energy or related technologies,
automotive or electric vehicle development.
Keywords: Tesla Motors, Hawthorne , Aerodynamics Software Tools Engineer, New Programs, Other , Hawthorne, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!